I adopted these from my Eat to Live book and they are tasty! I find them a good substitute for store bought bars as they have natural ingredients and I know what is in them. They are also very simple to make!
-2 ripe bananas
-2 cups of oats (I use Quakers quick rolled oats)
-1/4 cup of raisins
-1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't add them to the last batch I just made cause we didn't have any and they came out fine)
-cinnamon to taste (optional)
-unsweetened applesauce (optional - makes the bars moister)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a bowl. I use a fork or potato masher.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients (we use lots of cinnamon!)
4. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
5. Mash down into small pan
6. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes. Josh likes them a little crispier around the edge, so this past time we put them in for 40 minutes and I like them better that way too!
7. Let cool.
8. Cut into whatever size you like!
9. Enjoy! :)