Tuesday, June 26, 2012

week of downs, then ups

Last week (my first full week of summer vacation) was a whirlwind. Monday, some awful news arrived. My coworker has been battling Cervical Cancer for months and passed away that afternoon. We all knew it was coming, but it actually happening was so sad. She has two young boys and it just breaks my heart - she was one of the nicest people I have ever had the chance to meet and interact with. Good has come out of this awful situation though...I for one have been more appreciative of life and those around me. I have realized how much I need to cherish each day. Plus, heaven has an amazing angel now.

The day after that, on Tuesday, I had to go to the OBGYN for a procedure following an abnormal pap smear. They had seen abnormal cells that could have been high risk for...cervical cancer. Not exactly the procedure I want after what happened on Monday. It hurt, but only lasted about 2 minutes in all.

Tuesday evening I was hanging out at my parents and got a phone call from my real estate agent. We had bid on a house about 2 weeks ago, but didn't get it. Turns out something fell through with the person who won it and we were next in line! We won the house!!!

I had 48 hours to turn in a bunch of paper work. I was running around town like a crazy person, high stress, but got everything submitted Thursday. There is so much that goes in to getting a house, especially because we are also doing a 203k loan, which means money is factored into our mortgage for repairs that need to be made. This house is a fixer upper. It needs paint in every room, new carpets/floors, repair the fence, and ideally new sinks in the bathrooms and countertops in the kitchen. I am so excited for all of the DIY projects to occur! Now I need to find a contractor, inspector, home insurance, and gather a bunch of documents ASAP. So much for a stress free summer! Fingers crossed, we should have the house by the end of August.

turning in the last of my forms and celebrating with Starbucks.


I babysat on Wednesday and Thursday (luckily mom was there to help me through that and the house craziness) and my older sister got me pretty congratulatory flowers :)


Friday I got a call from my OBGYN and my test results from my procedure were normal. Huge relief! I also became a member of the YMCA on my sister's family plan and went to the pool with the kiddos.


After Josh got off work on Friday, we headed up to the mountains to his parent's cabin. We had a wonderful weekend of antique shopping, eating out at new places, going to the play Oliver!, relaxing, eating delicious vegan food (prepared by his dad...so good), hiking, and canoeing. I am so sore from canoeing! It was a lot of fun. I took a lot of pictures on a disposable camera I have, but I got a few with my phone as well.

attacked by the biggest moth I've ever seen

mini vegan donuts!

cool vase we bought at an antique store

gorgeous mountain views

I never wanted to leave!

Today I am heading over to pick up some FedEx things for my house from my mom's, working out, hanging with the kiddies, and probably doing a bunch of cleaning once I get back here. I realized we need to start organizing and packing because 60 days will go by quick and our beach week/getting ready for the school year to start will cut out a big chunk of time.

Cute snuggle buddies to start off the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment