Saturday, April 7, 2012

float on

It's been a good Saturday so far. We laid in bed watching DIY for a few hours, and then finally got up to head to Wal-Mart. Got a few things (new candles!) and browsed the outdoor area, picking out furniture, plants, flowers, and decor we'd get if we had a house. I have been cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry and I found my new favorite Pandora station - Fun. Radio.

The past few days have been a whirlwind. After I last wrote, we went house hunting. We drove to a few places and when we got home that afternoon (after almost taking a tour of a house we sort of liked but was a little pricey) we actually figured out how this program I get through teaching works. We hadn't really been looking at the houses we could afford! We found one we loved, drove by it, called, and set up a showing for the next day (yesterday). Dad and Laura accompanied us. We fell in love. Therefore, yesterday, I saw a house, got pre qualified for a loan, filled out paper work, and placed a bid/entered the lottery for the house. It still hasn't sunk in - everything happened so fast. We find out on Monday if we won, but if everything works out and we get lucky, this could be our backyard someday in the near future:

I am beyond excited for the possibility. I am trying not to get too excited because there is a good chance we won't get it. I am trying to tell myself that more houses will come along and if we don't get it, it isn't meant to be. Regardless, Josh and I have had fun talking about it and planning. We went out to dinner last night to take advantage of Bonefish happy hour and "celebrate" bidding on a house.


$5 drinks, $5 appetizers, and classy PBR in a glass.

It was a nice date night. I can't believe spring break is almost over. I am so sad. It is going to be really hard to go back to reality. Just have to make it through another 45 days of school, that can't be too hard. Then hopefully I'll have an exciting summer of moving into a new house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment