Thursday, April 5, 2012


Yesterday was a good day. I got a lot of stuff done in the morning and then Josh came home from work. He changed and we headed out to lunch to celebrate our mini vacation together.

Who doesn't drink beer with lunch on a Wednesday? And why can't every lunch be like this? I got a delicious citrus salad and Josh got some beef tacos. I stole some of his rice and beans and had a bite of a taco. I am not a huge beef fan, but they were pretty good because they had BBQ sauce. My salad was wonderful. I need to figure out how to recreate it.

Josh made Pepper a vet appointment while I drank beer ;)

It was a perfect lunch.

After lunch picked Pepper up and went to explore the dog park near our condo. It was huge! We decided to take advantage of it in the near future as much as possible. Pepper is so hyper, but at the dog park all she wants to do is sniff around even when we try to throw balls and stuff to her. Weirdo dog. She did try to play with some of the other dogs though. She was in heaven.

After the dog park, Josh gave Pep a bath and then we headed to the vet. Pepper was psycho at the vet. She whined, jumped, and tried to sniff everything. We had to sit there and try to hold her/calm her down while waiting for like 15 minutes which was near impossible. The vet was really nice and told us pretty much what we already knew, that she had bad allergies. We got a prescription for more medicine and she said to try other combos like Benadryl when we ween her off the prescription. She also said that we probably need to look into allergy testing in the near future. This is pretty expensive, but then we would know exactly what her allergy was and would get allergy injections. It just makes sense to do since the vet said she'd probably be battling allergies for the rest of her life. At least we have things to combat her bad allergies for now.

We headed to my mom's for dinner after the vet. Mom made veggie burgers for those who don't eat meat and chicken with salsa and cheese in the crock pot for everyone else. She also steamed broccoli. It was a nice home cooked meal.

Skylar is obsessed with Draw Something on the iPad while Kylan really wanted milk.

After we left my parent's, we got home and promptly passed out just after 8pm. We are too cool.

Currently, Josh and I are at Caribou since we woke up at 7:00am (weirdest thing, the same number from Jamaica - at least that's what my iphone said - called me in the middle of the night at 1:45 and 2:30. it was so weird.) We are going to look online for houses and drive around to look at a couple and go to Target. I hope the rain stays away so we can enjoy the days we have off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment