Saturday, March 3, 2012

Disney: Pre-Race

Good morning! I love Saturday's. I woke up and laid in bed for a while. Since Josh and I both went to bed so early last night, he was up too and we just chatted and played with Pepper. When we finally got up, we had been in bed for about 12 hours! I feel well rested for sure. We had breakfast (I had 2 veggie sausage patties and a piece of toast) and have been doing some cleaning. Now I'm taking a break as some coffee brews.

Disney Recap: Pre-Race
We left Charlotte around 7pm on Friday night. Josh drove a few hours and I was in and out of sleep. Around 11pm, I took over and Josh slept for about 2 and a half hours. Then we switched again and I got some sleep time. We finally arrived at the resort just before 3am. We fell straight into bed for sleep.

Saturday morning we had to go pick up our NF race gear from the team "captain" and our race packets at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.

We waited in line for a bit to pick up our packets, and then we got to go to the race expo where they have tons of vendors. I could have spent forever in there, but Roy and Josh were getting a little impatient. Jennifer and I got a few head bands and I got a new shirt, which I love.


The 4 of us went to lunch at TGIFriday's. I had a really delicious salad, Caribbean something. If you go to Friday's and see this on the menu, get it! Then we went to Wal-Mart and the party store to get some things for the mini birthday party we were having for Skylar (her real birthday is actually tomorrow).

That evening, Vanessa came to the hotel room to hang out. We went down to the beach area at the resort for marshmallow roasting and sand castle building.

The weather was so nice, the view was amazing, I loved hanging out with some of my favorite people. It was the perfect evening.


That night we had Skylar's little birthday party. She is turning 6 tomorrow! I can't believe she is growing up so quickly. We had a cake and some presents. She was a happy little girl.


That night, we set out all of our gear for the race. I got songs on my iPhone, set out my headphones, armband, and headband. Then set out my clothes and shoes and finally climbed into bed around 9 or 9:30. I had so many nerves, it was hard to fall asleep!


Time to go fold some laundry after I finish this cup of coffee. I will try to do a post about the actual race day later, before the UNC vs. Dook game. Goals today: clean, laundry, workout/run, school work, and make a grocery list? I already have a lot to do tomorrow which includes getting my car fixed (aligned and oil changed) and getting a birthday present for Skylar. Her real birthday party is tomorrow night. Hope you have a happy and productive Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment