Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Madness

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

and Happy Saturday!

"March Madness" not only accurately describes the basketball tournament, but also accurately describes my life right now. Work has been crazy. My class is off the chain and I have had to deal with so many things this week, both good and bad. My observation is over, but it was chaotic. I don't know how it went through the eyes of my vice principal, but I'm at least hoping she has a good idea of what I deal with every day, thanks to the diversity of my class.

Enough of school talk - it's the weekend! and 9 school days til spring break. The basketball tournament has been craziness. I lost a final four team as #2 Missouri went down to #15 Norfolk St. My dad picked Mizzou to win it all so he is not a happy camper. In other news, #2 Dook lost to #15 Lehigh. Yeah!!! I fell asleep at 8pm last night (yes, grandma). Luckily Josh did too, but woke back up for a few hours. He came to bed at 3 and I woke up. He then told me the wonderful news about Dook. I was laughing until I fell back to sleep. see yuh dookies.

UNC is still alive as they blew out their opponent. I could win some mullah if they win it all! And I'd be a happy tarheel of course :)

Green + Heels for the holiday


Josh and I went for a run on Tuesday. His mom had sent me a recipe she called "BEST EVER Vegan Smoothie". I didn't have all the ingredients, but in a blender I put:
-2 small frozen banannas
-about 2 handfuls of tiny strawberries
-1 cup of soy milk
-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract



I worked on math plans as I drank my smoothie. It was good! She said it was an option to add cashews and agave nectar, but I didn't have either. It also calls for frozen strawberries but I felt the consistency was perfect. It was a tasty smoothie. I am excited for the warmer weather because I love smoothies.


I also ran last night (about 2 miles) and I plan to run after I finish this blog post. I have a big day ahead. After I run I need to shower and get ready for a day of being downtown (which includes figuring out what to wear - temperatures in the upper 70s, low 60s at night and a chance of thunderstorms all day, but sunny...how to dress for that, I do not know). Then we are going out to lunch for my older sister's birthday and gearing up for the all day bar crawl! Charlotte hosts the "world's largest" pub crawl for St. Patty's Day. I went last year and am really excited for this year because I will have Josh, Jen, and Roy with me! Plus all my coworkers, like last year. Should be a fun day and night!

Hope everyone enjoys their St. Patrick's Day! Be safe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment