Friday, January 13, 2012

the 3 day weekend has arrived

It's finally Friday. School wasn't too bad today, just hectic. One of the other teachers was sick, so we had to split up her class, so I had extra kids - however, 3 of my kids were out today and 2 went home sick. My stomach has been feeling funny but it was better as the day progressed. Now my throat is starting to hurt. I don't know if this is a sign of something coming on, but I hope not. Thankfully, my wonderful little sister came to volunteer and help me out in my classroom today.

(Laura and Sky at Thanksgiving)

Last night, after I made bean burgers and kale chips for dinner (I'll discuss how to make these in a later post), I went straight to sleep. I wasn't feeling well and was just exhausted...this was at like 8:30pm. Somehow I'm still tired. Josh and I are leaving for Florida in a few hours after he gets home from work. I'm almost sure I'll be doing some sleeping in the car because I don't know how I'll stay awake until we get there, which will be the wee hours of the morning. It's going to be a long night, but I am very much looking forward to the long weekend vacation.
Laura and I being awkward tourists at Disney last year - our first visit ever!


I think we are going to go to the park, but I'm not sure. The resort we are staying in with Josh's parents is on Disney property. That's all I know. We are also seeing some of my new best friends (thanks to Josh) while we are there. I'm pretty excited for a fun and relaxing weekend. 

I have to go clean up the kitchen, pack, and shower before Josh gets home. I'll try to keep up with blogging while I'm gone, but if I can't I'll be back with lots of fun stories and pictures on MLK day!

2 comments:

  1. :) I love your blog, (especially about the seeing your new best friends part)

    Love you guys, love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! you can keep checking back for recipes that you can make, however I don't think anything could top your ribs ;)

    I miss you more than I can express in words! we love you!

    ReplyDelete