Tuesday, January 24, 2012

is it Friday yet?

Back to school with the kiddies was a crazy day, but nothing awful. Oh, except for the fact that I found out I am for sure getting observed tomorrow in the exact same thing I got observed in a few months ago. I also hadn't planned for this part of my day due to assessments, so I was trying frantically to get things together today that I could review tonight. I'm getting observed during guided reading/literacy centers. I kind of don't like this because I want administration (observers) to see me go from whole group teaching into centers/group work - I put a lot of planning into my whole group lessons because I just got a smart board (interactive white board) this year, and I really want people to observe that aspect. Plus, you never know what will happen with 5 year olds during literacy centers (i.e. arguing, off task, etc.) I will also be watched closely with my small groups I'll be pulling to work with me; however, due to assessments, I haven't pulled small groups in a few weeks, so I'm worried my kids will need an adjustment period to get back into this routine - but they don't have one, and I am getting observed on it. Kindergarten is so unpredictable, so I guess I'll just have to hope and pray for the best it can possibly be!

Enough teacher ranting. I proved a theory this afternoon. I have heard or read many times "A body at rest stays at rest. A body in motion stays in motion." When I got home, I was starving and ate everything in the kitchen. Kidding, but I had quite a large snack of misc. things. All I wanted to do was sit and relax. Josh and I planned to go run after he gets home in a bit, but I didn't even want to do that. I decided to change out of my work clothes and start vacuuming pine needles from the tree removal.

a mess!

This was all over the living room floor and the stairs and the doorway. I told myself I'd just vacuum a bit in the living room, but once I started, I vacuumed most of this corner, all of the living room, the stairs, and the doorway. Then I went in the kitchen and loaded all the dirty dishes into the sink. And now I'm looking forward to a run. I guess I proved to myself that I just have to get going. Most of the time, this is easier said than done.

After we run (hopefully on the track at the Y), I am going to come home to fix dinner and review my lessons for my observation tomorrow. Then I may work on some report cards if I'm feeling ambitious.

I'll try to be back tonight to share a (hopefully) good dinner recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment