Saturday, January 21, 2012

our weekend getaway

Finally, my Disney weekend recap :)

We got up a week ago today at about 3:15am (it would have helped if I would have gone to bed as early as I did last night - 8:30pm. cool life, I know). We got the dog taken care of and packed up the car. We were on the road by 3:45 in the morning. I slept for 2 hours and we stopped for gas/coffee. I took over driving and we were back on the road at 6:00 while Josh slept.

I entertained myself by taking sneaky pictures of the sleeping beauty.

We stopped around 8:30 for more gas and food, and Josh drove the rest of the way. We arrived around noon to a beautiful Disney resort. Our room overlooked downtown Disney outside, and we walked around in the beautiful weather.

Josh's parents showed us the resort and we went and got free cookies, then went in some gift shops. In true fashion of vacation, Josh walked around with a beer in his Tervis Tumbler.
having a magical day

We headed back to the room and had some homemade hummus and pesto, then played some board games with Josh's parents. It was a perfect afternoon. For dinner, we went to the resort we are supposed to be staying at when we do the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon (which my sister said she started training for, so as of right now I think we're doing it!) in February. It has a really cool pool that has sand and a huge pirate ship slide.

We had lunch at one of Josh's favorite seafood buffets and it was SO good. We shared so much food. First I had a really delicious salad and some crab legs. I also tried some of Josh's mussels and oysters, each of which I've never had before. I liked the mussels better.

There was even a huge selection of dessert. Josh and I shared Oreo and Cheesecake Bon-Bons, plus a huge sugar cookie with Mickey Mouse sprinkles :)

I was stuffed! But it was worth it. After dinner, Josh's sister and her boyfriend came over to our resort and we played my favorite game - Scattergories, while watching Josh's precious Tebow lose. Josh and I passed out at 11:30 when everyone else finally went to bed.

The next morning we woke up and had a nice breakfast, then Josh and I ran about 1/2 a mile to the resort's gym. I biked for a while and then did some ab work stuff. I never wanted to leave the nice gym - there was basically no one there!

This also made me miss my daily gym sessions in college with all the awesome equipment available for free. We ran back to the resort and showered to get ready for lunch. We met up with our friends for sushi. It was fun and the food was good! After hanging out at their apartment for a while after, we went back to the resort and had dinner at Chili's. I got a big salad and we watched football. Finally, it was time for a reunion night with all my favorite Florida people.

I wish this wasn't so blurry.

I never wanted the night to end.
Shelby, cutest pup ever.

The next morning, I woke up sad and a bit under the weather ;) We went to Five Guys with Josh's parents. I got veggies on a bun, which I ate like half of, and then devoured some greasy fries. We left around 12:30 and made the long trek home. We came home to a clean condo, thanks to my sister, but still sad the weekend was over. I had so much fun and I can't wait to visit Florida again in February, even if I do have to run 13.1 miles!

Yesterday, my mom took my niece and nephew back up to meet my brother between here and New Jersey because it is supposed to snow there today. I was sad because I didn't get to say goodbye to the kiddies. My mom had to stop at a hotel last night on the way home because of snow. She is on the way home right now. We still went over for dinner at my parent's to eat with my dad, sister, and her family because my mom had made meatless lasagna for us before she left (she is a saint). It was good and I came home and fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. I bet Josh loves dating me, especially on Friday nights. I'm so much fun.

Today we have lots of things to do, one of which includes finally taking down Christmas stuff/our tree. I also need to do a longer run (of course it's raining all day) and want to do some yoga. We'll see. Josh and I are about to head to Target soon I believe. I've been up forever, so I guess it is time to finally start something productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment