Sunday, January 22, 2012

weekend end

I'm always so sad when Sundays are over. I think about everything I didn't do during the weekend, all the fun things I did do, and how I have to endure 5 days until the next one. Although my job is challenging, at least I have some cute kids to help Monday-Friday go by. Still at that, the weekend never comes back fast enough.

Tomorrow is a teacher workday, so I stayed up to watch the end of the NFL football game and am blogging in bed before I go to sleep. American Idol is on, but I'm DVRing it because I'm tired and need to get some sleep. Our teacher workday is actually a Common Core training day (our new standard course of study), so I'll be sitting through a presentation all day. However, I think they're trying to make it shorter to let us have time in our classroom. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

After we stocked up at Sam's this afternoon, we came home and promptly fell asleep for over an hour. I guess we were both pretty tired. When we woke up, we finished some stuff around the house and watched football. After the first game, we went to the grocery store for the rest of what we needed for the week and picked up my car from my mom's house. I came home and made some peanut butter oat bars and then ran.

I felt really good on this run, but stopped because I started to get a cramp.

After my run, the peanut butter bars were ready to come out of the oven.
post run grossness + awkward smile + Pepper licking sweat off my legs (she always does this, weirdo)

Josh was hard boiling a dozen eggs while I was baking/running
cool egg eating face

The bars were really good. I cut them up for us to have for breakfast/snacks this week. This might become a Sunday tradition. They will also definitely be featured in our future Eat to Live restaurant that I wish could happen some day.

Cinnamon Banana Oat Bars
I mashed 2 bananas in a bowl, and then stirred in 2 cups of oats, 1/2 a cup of raisins, 1/4 cup of walnuts, 1/4 cup of applesauce, and more cinnamon than was probably needed :)
I baked them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and they were done!
It was super easy to make and they taste really good. I'm excited to play around with them and make different variations as well.

Now it is time for me to try and get some sleep. I still have to wake up early to be at school by 8 for the start of my training day. At least it's a 4 day kid week!

No comments:

Post a Comment