Tuesday, January 10, 2012

one day at a time

Today was just one of those days. Let me provide a little background about my job. I am the inclusion teacher for the Kindergarten team, which means that I team teach with teachers in the exceptional children department. I love all the kids in my class, but for a few, some days are harder than others. Today was one of those "hard" days. I feel like I'm juggling so many things at school and dealing with so many diverse personalities at once (in fact, I am!). I love working with kids and my class, but do not believe people who say it's an easy job - teaching is a very difficult profession. I always have and always will admire every single teacher. I am exhausted to say the least!

(what I wish my niece and I were doing right now)

On the flip side, I have an "I love my job because..." story. We were working in centers and one of my students showed me how he had tried to sound out "Jonathan", but couldn't quite say the name right. He tried his best to spell it (there was a Z at the end! This had to do with his hilarious pronunciation of the name). I finally figured out what he was saying when he was telling me what it said. Then I asked him who Jonathan was (we do not have one in our class) and he shrugged and said "I don't know. Somewhere in this world - there's a lot of people." It made me laugh. Kids really do say the darnedest things.

Josh and I MUST go to the grocery store tonight. We are down to zero food and I need lots of ingredients to make tasty, eat to live meals. I have plans for an easy, tasty dinner after we shop - I will post it tonight. I wish I could blog more, but my schedule and job just won't allow it. There may be a few days that are just one post days. I wish I could post more!

I better try to do a few school things before Josh gets home. I am SO sore from running/abs, but I am going to try to do something exercise related this evening. Be back then!

Was your day great or have you had one of those days as well?


PS: My prediction was incorrect. Alabama took home the national championship. I woke up when Josh came to bed and he said they shut LSU out 21-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment