Saturday, February 11, 2012

it's past midnight!

This is the first time in a long time that I am up past midnight on a Friday night, let along up past 10pm. It may have to do with the fact that I went to bed at 8pm last night. Yes, I fell asleep on the couch (across a stack of clean laundry) shortly after I posted last night. I moved up to bed around 11 and didn't get up for work til the last possible moment. Luckily, I got a lot of sleep and felt much better. Except for my throat. It has felt tight, scratchy, and hurt most of the day. Currently, I sound like a man and my voice is fading quickly.

I came home determined to run. After doing a little work I neglected last night, Josh was home and he promptly fell asleep on the bed. I got changed and onto the treadmill. I was struggling during my run. I wanted to do 3 miles, but my throat burned with every breath I took. I was in pain and couldn't concentrate and ended up quitting at 2 miles.


I'm proud of myself for running, but bummed that I couldn't keep going. It makes me discouraged, especially since I was doing really well with my training. I'm hoping that my sore throat feels better by Sunday for my long run because I don't know if I can manage one tomorrow. Unfortunately, the highs in Charlotte this weekend are in the low 40s and I don't think running in that temperature would be good for a sore throat. I just don't know what to do!

In other news, I am clumsy. I rammed my leg into a crate full of binders at school today and instantly got a cut/bruise/bump. It does not feel good. I hurt myself in the strangest ways possible.


After my run, I showered and Josh woke up. We had plans to go to Chilis and see a movie. Chilis was pretty packed, so we opted to go to McAllisters just in case we would be late to the movie. We have a gift card to Chilis so hopefully it'll be sometime in our near future. I got some broccoli cheddar soup for my throat and half of their new veggie club. It was really good!



We went to Target to kill time/get a few things we needed. Of course, I forgot one of the things we went there for, but what's new. I did, however, get a big bag of pretzel M&Ms. I couldn't resist. Then we went to the dollar theater to see the movie I've been waiting to see forever. I couldn't believe I didn't see it when it came out in theaters...

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

I have an inner pre-teen. I read all the books and have seen/own all the movies. I really like Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison (hottie) and, although the stories are very far fetched, it's a neat fantasy world to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed all the books, and I really liked this movie. I thought it captured the book well, and made me laugh, tear up, and captured my attention (I thought there were some pretty intense parts!). Of course, there were a handful of cheesy parts, but I am also a sucker for love stories.

The scenery when they were on their honeymoon was beautiful, not to mention their honeymoon site. Someday, when I'm rich, I will have a house on the beach that looks just like it :)

I dragged Josh to the movie - he wasn't thrilled, but he stuck it out and said he didn't completely hate it so I feel a little better about forcing him to go with me.

I am starting to get tired, and am very excited to sleep in. I have a million things to do tomorrow. On top of the list is cleaning. I also want to get a hair cut. I will probably just go to Great Clips and get a quick trim. I always want to do something different with my hair, but it never looks the way I want, nor do I know exactly how to tell people to cut it! Hope all have had a relaxing Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment