Saturday, February 18, 2012

my whole body hurts

So last night, I did end up running.


After I ran, I made a salad and Josh had gone to the store to get sushi. I ate some of the sushi as well. It hit the spot. Then we watched the movie Natural Born Killers. Josh loves this movie...I must admit, it was something you don't see everyday. It was crazy, artsy, trippy, violent. I think I liked it because I just found it so interesting and captivating. Don't watch it if you're not in the mood for a very weird movie!

This morning, I woke up and had breakfast with my friend from college. He teaches in China now, but was home visiting for like a month, so it was great to catch up with him. I had half a honey wheat bagel and brought the other half home for Josh.

After breakfast, I came home and got ready for my longest run. This is why my whole body hurts:


I met my sister at the Y track, and ran my little heart out. There were times I felt awesome, and times I felt I wanted to quit. Near the end, my legs were just moving without me even thinking about it. I remember the same types of feelings in my training last year (and race). I wanted to go 10, but my knees were hurting and, because I was sick and haven't run a lot, I figured 9 would be enough, as long as I ran enough throughout this week. I don't wanna push it too much and get hurt (which I did last year and had to run the half marathon with terrible foot pain).

Now that I accomplished this, I am a little more excited for the race next weekend. While I was running towards the end, I was thinking about how hungry I was. I texted Josh on my way home and he responded "subway?" YES PLEASE. We have been wanting to take advantage of the $5 footlong all month. We went to the subway in Walmart, and first walked around a little. After I finally got my sub (a veggie delight with honey mustard on wheat bread), I opened it in the car on the way home and dug in. I needed food after my 9 miles.



After I ate, we laid on the couch and watched the end of Kill Bill and most of the second Kill Bill on TV. I also drank some chocolate milk in my huge "He's Not Here" cup. I have had many reminders of college today - I miss it!


I showered, laid in bed, and watched the Food Network. I finally got up and made some chips out of corn tortillas and a salad. I've been eating the chips with some salsa and hummus and Josh is watching Dave Chapelle stand up. I am so exhausted - I have been so worthless ever since I got home from my run. I could lay down and go to sleep right now. Guess I won't be too exciting on this Saturday night, but the best thing to me sounds like sleep :) Can't wait to sleep in + rest day tomorrow!

Have you done something productive today? I love motivation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment