Monday, February 6, 2012

life's lessons

I am sitting on the couch right now, resting from a 2 mile run on the treadmill and about to go out for a 4.5 mile run with the boy. Since I didn't do a long run this weekend, I'm doing a higher milage today and resting tomorrow. I'm planning on adding more bulk to my runs the rest of the week, and then finish off with a 10 mile run with my sister this weekend. Just 2 more weekends before the big run! I can't wait to get to Florida.

While I'm breaking between runs, I wanted to write about a funny life lesson I learned this weekend. Remember when I said I got wind burn (or cold weather burn) on my face from my run last Thursday? And remember how I said I was using prescription lotion/cream? Well, I learned not all lotion is made equal! I'll preface this by saying I'm not really a "girly girl" and haven't used many beauty products in the past. I put some kind of lotion on after I shower and it takes me 2 minutes to put makeup on. I just assumed all body lotion was meant for your whole body.

Halloween = the extent of my girliness. I was posh spice in this picture :)
Turns out, as I found out thanks to me opening my big mouth to my family about what I'd been putting on my face this weekend while we were in the mountains, I was damaging my face with the lotion I was using. It was prescription for like hands and feet - I thought it was just all dry skin (my sister-in-law is a pharmaceutical rep and gave us some samples of the lotion when she was in town for Christmas). My family got a kick out of my stupidity, but I guess it was good I told them so I didn't continue to use the wrong stuff!

When Josh went out last night, I made him buy me some face moisturizer.

I applied it twice last night (after shower and before bed) and once this morning and my face is almost back to its normal non-reddened self. I guess it really is a good thing I made myself look dumb :) I am going to put some more on tonight before our run so I can hopefully prevent my strawberry-like face again after this run.

Josh is bugging me about running so I guess I better get back up. While running, I'll ponder what I am going to eat for dinner. I'll be back tonight with 5 Happy Monday things! One of which I hope includes getting to bed really early.

No comments:

Post a Comment