Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Despite being sick, I had a lovely Valentine's Day. I would have loved to see my kiddies exchange their Valentine's and to get all my goodies, but they'll be waiting for me tomorrow. Last night I got some energy to clean up around the house and begin my night of cooking.

First I prepared the chunk of meat I was making for Josh. It's funny that he loves meat and I do not share the same affinity. While preparing it, I was reminded of why I have become a vegetarian (although I have never liked beef or steak, etc). It just looks so gross! Josh does not feel the same :)

I rubbed the meat with olive oil, garlic, and a tiny bit of salt (thanks mom) and baked it in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees. We ended up putting it back in the oven for a bit after Josh got home.

pre-oven preparation

Then I made chocolate covered strawberries.
Ingredients
I put a couple squares of chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minutes each square (because we have the oldest microwave ever). Then I swirled the strawberries around the chocolate and put them on the plate. Very easy!



And the final product:



They were as good as they look.

The only problem was that the side of the chocolate on the plate stuck to it after I put them in the refrigerator. I'll have to figure out how to fix this for next time.


Josh finally got home after lots of traffic + stopping to get me Advil Cold and Sinus medicine and these:


I'm a lucky girl.

We waiting for dinner to finish cooking and exchanged "gifts". I got him a picture of us for his desk because he has been asking for one forever. He got me pretzel M&Ms and an awesome running pull over!! I did not know he was going to get me an actual present. I felt lame. Sweetest boy I know.



Then we had dinner. I had vegan broccoli cheddar soup my mom made and gave me, plus a wheat sandwich thin with veggie cheese (heated this up in the microwave). Josh had his meat and green beans.


happy boy
After dinner, Josh let me watch the notebook, and I may have cried a little. That movie gets me every time! I relate it to my life a lot, which is dumb, but true. Josh and I met when I was 15 and somehow a connection between us lingered through time, distance, and different significant others until we finally decided to give it a shot (we also had a "summer romance" when we dated for the one summer he lived in NC when I was 18). Now I couldn't be happier and am so glad we made the decision to act on our feelings because it has been the best decision I have ever made. I have to believe in true love because of it - it was like nothing else mattered when he was around.

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. As much as I am trying to pretend I don't have to get up and go to work tomorrow after my 2 day mini rest break, I need to get a few things ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment