Tuesday, February 14, 2012

sick day

I didn't blog yesterday because after I came home from work, I crawled into bed, woke up when Josh got home, made it from the bed to the couch to type sub plans (which took me about an hour and a half - I may be too detailed, but that's a good thing right?), and then back to bed for the night.

I thought I was better after a weekend of resting (well, a weekend without 22 kids and being on the move for 7 hours straight), as I even ran on Sunday. But I woke up yesterday morning feeling crappy again. Headache, sinus pressure, fading voice, stuffed up nose, etc. All my coworkers told me I needed to stay home and rest - my principal even told me to get a sub for today when she saw me. I didn't argue with that. Last year I told myself that I could power through a little cold, but then that cold turned into fever, and then into pneumonia, so I have learned my lesson about resting and taking care of myself when I'm sick.

I stayed in bed til about 9:30 this morning when mom arrived with some things for me, including 2 boxes of tissues, the Neti Pot, and smiles from baby Sierra :)

I stayed up and made some tea in my favorite mug (thanks Ivette!)



Then I made some chocloate-y oatmeal because I thought this was fitting for Valentine's Day. I can have a little chocolate, even if I am miserable.


I cooked raw oats with water, then added 2 packets of splenda, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash of unsweetened chocolate powder. It was good!

The Neti Pot is strange (Josh refuses to ever use it), but I love it. It really clears your sinuses. If only it would make my headache go away.


I have been laying on the couch and browsing numerous websites and playing games on my phone. I want to get up and start getting some things done before tonight. I had big plans to clean up the house and make a nice dinner for Josh and I. I'm making him some meat my mom gave me that she had frozen. I'll probably have some soup. I need to finish some laundry, clean off the dining room table (because I'd like to actually eat there for once), and tidy up the rest of the house. I also need to work on finishing Josh's present (which entails printing a picture). After dinner, I think we're going to watch The Notebook! Cliche, but I haven't seen that movie in forever and I really love it. Regardless, we'll pick out some movie to lay on the couch and watch.

I'm gonna see if I can get this headache to go away/nap a little more, and then work on these things before Josh comes home tonight. I am going to attempt making chocolate covered strawberries as well! Hope your Valentine's has been filled with lots of hugs, chocolate, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment