Wednesday, February 15, 2012

sick day 2

I am staying home from work again today. Yesterday afternoon, I had a terrible headache and sinus pressure and knew if I didn't feel 100% then, I probably wouldn't feel ready to dive back in with the kids today. I got the same substitute as yesterday. I went to be early and got a good night's sleep. Then I woke up at 6am to finish sub plans, Josh got up for work, and I fell back asleep til 10 after he left. All this sleeping has definitely helped. After I woke up, I made a cup of my new favorite tea (one of my students gave me a box of it during Teacher Appreciation last year), which I think I will continue drinking the rest of the week because it has vitamin C.


I also had a bowl of brown maple oatmeal. It was some 100 calorie no sugar added pack that we had in the cabinet. It probably isn't "eat to live", but it was quick and easy, and I was ready for some food.

Then I spent the rest of the morning resting in bed, and had the best snuggle buddy.

Sometimes I'm well behaved and cute.

sleepy eyes
I pretty much took lots of pictures of Pepper to entertain myself, and talked to Vanessa via text about dreams and the future. I feel like there's so much I want to do, I just need to figure out how to do it. I am a big believer in that you only life once, so you might as well make the most out of it. I guess I haven't really had a day all to myself to sit and ponder things like this. That being said, I need to go do some things for school to prepare myself to get back to it tomorrow. I'll be back later with a Valentine's recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment